SubjectRe: [GIT pull] irq updates for 4.13
On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:

> please pull the latest irq-core-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git irq-core-for-linus

Ugh, this caused conflicts with the block tree, with commits

- fe631457ff3e: "blk-mq: map all HWQ also in hyperthreaded system"

- 5f042e7cbd9e "blk-mq: Include all present CPUs in the default queue mapping"

clashing.

I'm not at all understanding why that second commit came in through
the irq tree at all, in fact. Very annoying. Why was that not sent
through the block tree? It doesn't seem to have anything fundamentally
to do with irqs, really: it's a driver CPU choice for irq chocie.

Anyway, I absolutely detested that code, and the obvious resolution
was too disgusting to live. So I did an evil merge and moved some
things around in the merge to make it at least not cause me to dig my
eyes out.

But I'd like people to look at that - not so much due to the evil
merge itself (but check that too, by any means), but just because the
code seems fundamentally broken for the hotplug case. We end up
picking a possible metric shit-ton of CPU's for queue 0, if they were
"possible but not online".

If they ever do come online, does that get fixed? I don't know.
Somebody should check.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-07-04 02:00    [W:0.108 / U:0.940 seconds]