SubjectRe: gigantic hugepages vs. movable zones
On Thu 27-07-17 13:30:31, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:

> On 07/27/2017 12:58 PM, Michal Hocko wrote:

> >>I also noticed an unrelated issue with the usage of
> >>start_isolate_page_range. On error we set the migrate type to
> >>MIGRATE_MOVABLE.
> >
> >Why that should be a problem? I think it is perfectly OK to have
> >MIGRATE_MOVABLE pageblocks inside kernel zones.
> >

> we can pick pages with migrate type movable and if we fail to isolate won't
> we set the migrate type of that pages to MOVABLE ?

I do not see an immediate problem. GFP_KERNEL allocations can fallback
to movable migrate pageblocks AFAIR. But I am not very much familiar
with migratetypes. Vlastimil, could you have a look please?
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2017-07-27 10:13    [W:0.052 / U:0.256 seconds]