SubjectRe: [RFC V2 1/6] cpufreq: Replace "max_transition_latency" with "dynamic_switching"
Date
On Friday, July 14, 2017 01:11:58 PM Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Dominik Brodowski
> <linux@dominikbrodowski.net> wrote:

> >> Well, using CPUFREQ_ETERNAL for that on the driver side is still not
> >> particularly straightforward IMO, so maybe add a
> >> "no_dynamic_switching" to the driver structure and set it to "true"
> >> for the one driver in question?
> >
> > IIRC it's not just one driver which sets the latency to CPUFREQ_ETERNAL, and
> > where dynamic switching might be harmful or at least lead to undefined
> > behavior.
>
> OK
>
> Still, though, using CPUFREQ_ETERNAL to indicate the "no dynamic
> switching" condition is somewhat convoluted, so why don't we have a
> flag to *explicitly* say that instead?
>
> Do you know which drivers they are or is it just all drivers that use
> CPUFREQ_ETERNAL?

Well, after the $subject patch it effectively is all drivers that use
CPUFREQ_ETERNAL anyway, so it looks like we actually can do a complete
switch-over.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2017-07-15 00:14    [W:0.076 / U:0.004 seconds]