SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Please pull NFS client changes for Linux 4.13
> My initial patch used strlcpy there, because I wasn't aware of strscpy
> before it was suggested:
>
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/kernel-hardening/2017/05/04/11
>
> I was wrong to move it to strscpy. It could be switched back to
> strlcpy
> again unless the kernel considers the count parameter to be a
> guarantee
> that could be leveraged in the future. Using the fortified strlen +
> memcpy would provide the improvement that strscpy was meant to provide
> there over strlcpy.

Similarly, the FORTIFY_SOURCE strcat uses strlcat with the assumption
that the count parameter is a limit, not a guarantee for a optimization.
There's only a C implementation and it currently doesn't, but if it's
meant to be a guarantee then the strcat needs to be changed too.

I'll make a fix moving away both from the existing functions.

  Last update: 2017-07-14 22:50    [W:0.079 / U:0.392 seconds]