SubjectRe: Spurious touchpad events with closed LID
On Thursday 29 June 2017 12:08:37 Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu 2017-06-29 09:31:02, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 June 2017 00:44:27 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 22:15 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > >
> > > <snip>

> > > It's already fixed for those of us on recent distributions. The
> > > "ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD_INTEGRATION=internal" touchpads will be disabled
> > > when the lid is closed, when libinput is used to process the events.
> >
> > But this does not fix other usage of /dev/input/* and also does not fix
> > pressing spurious keys in linux virtual tty (ctrl+alt+f1). So it is not
> > a fix.
> >
> > Also important question is: How you detect which input device is
> > "internal", non-removable part of notebook and which one is external?
> >
> > You can have external USB touchpad, and also you can have external PS/2
> > keyboard connected to docking station (which was e.g. my situation).
> >
> > Also there are PS/2 to active USB converters, to make whole situation
> > complicated.
> >
> > And moreover some internal notebook keyboards are connected via USB and
> > some touchpads via i2c/smbus.
> >
> > I think this detection is not easy or at least I have no idea how to do
> > properly. Existence of PS/2 keyboard does not mean it is internal and
> > existence of USB keyboard does not mean it is external.
> >
> > Maybe ACPI/DSDT provides some information? (No idea, just asking)
>
> I'm not sure it is complex. You simply add DMI blacklist of the bad
> systems, with IDs of bad devices.

My original request is to disable internal keyboard, touchpad and
trackpoint on notebook when it is docked and LID is closed.

It has nothing to do with DMI blacklist or so.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com

  Last update: 2017-06-29 12:12    [W:0.091 / U:0.784 seconds]