SubjectRe: Large latency on blk_queue_enter
Date
> On 8 May 2017, at 16.13, Jens Axboe <axboe@fb.com> wrote:
>
> On 05/08/2017 07:44 AM, Javier González wrote:

>>> You need to check if the .q_usage_counter is working at atomic mode.
>>> This counter is initialized as atomic mode, and finally switchs to
>>> percpu mode via percpu_ref_switch_to_percpu() in blk_register_queue().
>>
>> Thanks for commenting Ming.
>>
>> The .q_usage_counter is not working on atomic mode. The queue is
>> initialized normally through blk_register_queue() and the counter is
>> switched to percpu mode, as you mentioned. As I understand it, this is
>> how it should be, right?
>
> That is how it should be, yes. You're not running with any heavy
> debugging options, like lockdep or anything like that?

No lockdep, KASAN, kmemleak or any of the other usual suspects.

What's interesting is that it only happens when one of the I/Os comes
from user space through the ioctl. If I have several pblk instances on
the same device (which would end up allocating a new request in
parallel, potentially on the same core), the latency spike does not
trigger.

I also tried to bind the read thread and the liblightnvm thread issuing
the ioctl to different cores, but it does not help...

Javier

  Last update: 2017-05-08 16:21    [W:0.061 / U:0.688 seconds]