SubjectRe: MIPS: Alchemy: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in alchemy_pci_probe()
>> * Why do you seem to insist on another message if information from a Linux
>> allocation failure report would be sufficient already also for this
>> software module?
>>
>> * Do you want that it can become easier to map a position in a backtrace
>> to a place in your source code?
>
> Does kmalloc() nowadays print a message which invocation (source line) failed?
> If so I won't be standing in your way, but if not, you need to come up with
> something for convincing than answering questions with more questions.

I suggest also to improve the corresponding documentation for the affected
programming interfaces in significant ways.
How are the chances for the desired clarification of relevant implementation details?

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2017-05-25 12:58    [W:0.066 / U:0.796 seconds]