SubjectRe: [RFC 0/3] misc: new serdev based drivers for w2sg00x4 GPS module and w2cbw003 wifi/bluetooth
+Marcel

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:48 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>> Am 23.05.2017 um 14:28 schrieb Rob Herring <robh+dt@kernel.org>:
>>
>> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:43 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller
>> <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,

>>> Because we otherwise can't turn on power when /dev/ttyBT0 is opened and turn off when it
>>> is closed. I.e. it should not be powered unless someone does a hciattach /dev/ttyBT0. And it
>>> should be turned off by a killall hciattach.
>>
>> Still, you can do power control within BT HCI drivers.
>
> We do not use any driver for bluetooth. We just start hciattach on demand.
> And afaik there is no plugin mechanism for adding power control to hciattach.

You don't need hciattach. All userspace has to do for kernel BT
drivers is "hciconfig hci0 up|down".

> Or do you have a link to what you think about?

Look at the nokia BT or TI (HCI_LL) BT drivers. Those both have f/w
downloading and some GPIO controls. Given that this module is based on
Marvell chipset, I'd expect you need to add serdev support to
hci_mrvl.c.

>> You wouldn't be
>> limited to just open/close, but can handle suspend/resume as well.
>
> Well, it does not look as if we need more than open/close since suspend/resume
> is already handled by the regulator driver. We just need to keep it powered off
> if there is no user-space client.

Okay.

Rob

  Last update: 2017-05-23 15:11    [W:0.071 / U:0.588 seconds]