SubjectRe: [git pull] drm fixes for v4.12-rc1
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:

> It also has an amdgpu fixes pull, with lots of ongoing work on Vega10
> which is new in this kernel and is preliminary support so may have a
> fair bit of movement.

Note: I will *not* be taking these kinds of pull requests after rc1.

If Vega10 is in such bad shape that it will need this kind of stuff
and isn't worth shipping without them in 4.12, I will take a *oneline*
that just disables it.

So no "thousands of lines of fixes for a new driver".

Being new to 4.12 isn't an excuse for crazy stuff after the merge
window. If it will need more of this kind of attention, all it means
is that it shouldn't have been sent to me at all in the first place.

The drm subsystem is still on my "no more of this shit" list, so I'm
going to be very unforgiving of big pull requests when they aren't
appropriate.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-05-12 20:55    [W:0.075 / U:0.044 seconds]