SubjectRe: Boot regression caused by kauditd
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Looking at the code that reads/writes the global auditd_conn,
>>> I don't see how it even works with RCU+spinlock, RCU plays
>>> with pointers and you have to make a copy as its name implies.
>>> But it looks like you simply use RCU+spinlock as a traditional
>>> rwlock, it doesn't work.
>>
>> The attached patch seems working for me, I tried to boot my
>> VM for 4 times, so far no crash or warning.
>>

> Or even better, save a memory allocation for reset path...

I need to step away from my laptop for the evening so I can't give
this a proper review until tomorrow (sending patches as attachments
makes it difficult to review), but on quick glance I did notice a few
small things I would like to see changed. However, since there is no
normal commit description and sign-off, I'm guessing you sent these
out as a suggestion and not a proper patch submission, yes/no? If
that's the case, I'll work up a proper fix tomorrow and share it with
you for comment/review, but if you were planning on sending a proper
patch let me know and I'll wait until I see something in my inbox from
you.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

  Last update: 2017-04-28 00:41    [W:0.085 / U:0.048 seconds]