SubjectRe: Question on the five-level page table support patches
> Can you explain what the issue is?  What used to work on Linux and
> doesn't any more? The man page is quite clear:

In old Linux hint was a search hint, so if there isn't a hole
at the hinted area it will search starting from there for a hole
instead of giving up immediately.

Now it just gives up, which means every user has to implement
their own search.

Yes I ran into the same problem and it's annoying. It broke
originally when top down mmap was added I believe

Before the augmented rbtree it was potentially very expensive, but now
it should be cheap.

-Andi

  Last update: 2017-04-24 15:04    [W:0.107 / U:0.456 seconds]