SubjectRE: RFC: WMI Enhancements
Date

The SMI based entry is already exposed using dcdbas.

The WMI version when executing a call that would be run as a SMI
will copy the buffer to an area of memory that the BIOS has already
been marked reserved to execute the SMI and copy the result out.

> TBH, I've occasionally considered writing a driver to expose SMM code
> execution on systems with a known reliable exploit :)

On Dell HW? I'm sure our security folks would be very interested in this.

  Last update: 2017-04-13 19:51    [W:0.094 / U:2.352 seconds]