SubjectRe: Crash caused by hid-rmi and no longer working touchscreen

[ a couple more people from "the other regression thread" added to CC ]

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Gabriele Mazzotta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having troubles with hid-rmi using 4.11-rc6. I'm getting some
> "rmi_hid_read_block: timeout elapsed" errors and ultimately the
> crash you can see at the end of this mail. I will reply to this
> mail with a full log that shows all the errors.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by commit 279967a65b320d174a507498ae
> ("HID: rmi: Handle all Synaptics touchpads using hid-rmi").
>
> My laptop has a Synaptics touchpad and a Synaptics touchscreen.
> Because of that commit, hid-rmi is used for both the devices, while
> it has always been used only for the touchpad. Needless to say that
> the touchscreen no longer works.
>
> If I revert that commit, everything goes back to normal.

Alright, given this is a second regression cause by this switch, I suggest
to revert this one for 4.11 still, and work on fixing this properly for
4.12.

If noone raises any objections (a few more people added to Cc), I'll queue
a 4.11-rc revert tomorrow.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2017-04-10 15:18    [W:0.040 / U:0.024 seconds]