SubjectRE: out of range LBA using sg_raw

MR
> firmware and any attached disks would.

Martin -

Agree on this point. I am planning to study all possible such sanity in
driver for VD and not trying to fix one specific scenario as described
here.
Do you think fix in this area is good for kernel-stable as well OR just
keep in linux-next as it is not so severe considering real time exposure ?
Trying to understand priority and severity of this issue.

> It is a feature that there is no sanity checking in the sg interface.
> The intent is to be able to pass through commands directly to a device
and
> have the device act upon them. Including fail them if they don't make
any
> sense.

Understood as sg_raw is not design to sanity check.

> PS. I'm really no fan of the fast path. It's super messy to have the VD
layout
> handled in two different places.
>
> --
> Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering

  Last update: 2017-03-08 17:50    [W:0.154 / U:25.272 seconds]