SubjectRe: [BUG nohz]: wrong user and system time accounting
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 01:24:54 +0200
Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 04:09:10PM -0400, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:25:46 -0400
> > Luiz Capitulino <lcapitulino@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > I've tried all the test-cases we discussed in this thread with skew_tick=1
> > > and it worked as expected in bare-metal and KVM guests.
> > >
> > > However, I found a test-case that works in bare-metal but show problems
> > > in KVM guests. It could something that's KVM specific, or it could be
> > > something that's harder to reproduce in bare-metal.
> >
> > After discussing some findings on this issue with Rik, I realized that
> > we don't add the skew when restarting the tick in tick_nohz_restart().
> > Adding the offset there seems to solve this problem.
>
> Are you sure? tick_nohz_restart() doesn't seem to override the initial skew. It
> always forwards the expiration time on top of the last tick.

OK, I'll double check. Without my change the bug triggers almost
instantly with the described reproducer. With my change it didn't
trig for several minutes (but it does look wrong looking at it now).

  Last update: 2017-04-01 05:11    [W:0.229 / U:0.192 seconds]