SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] HID for 4.11
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Yeah, so enabling HID_RMI makes my touchpad work again.

.. so I just noticed something: it works subtly differently.

When I drag something around, I mostly just double-tap and move, and
that still works fine.

But sometimes I click (and hold) with one finger, and then move around
with another. That's occasionally very useful when you move longer
distances, because you can just raise and move that other finger
multiple times.

That doesn't seem to work with the RMI driver. I seem to get scroll
events instead.

I'm sure there's some setting for mouse gestures. But it's a bit odd
when they change just because the driver changes. And gnome certainly
doesn't believe in settings, because these things are obviously
"intuitive".

Ideas? Or am I just dreaming, and the click-and-move never worked?
Because I'm pretty sure it did, but sometimes the meds kick in.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-03-01 01:58    [W:1.345 / U:0.036 seconds]