SubjectRe: WireGuard Upstreaming Roadmap (November 2017)
From
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 03:17:40 +0100

> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Stefan Tatschner
> <rumpelsepp@sevenbyte.org> wrote:
>> I have a question which is related to the involved crypto. As far as I
>> have understood the protocol and the concept of wireguard
>> What's your opinion on this?
>
> This thread has been picked up on the WireGuard mailing list, not here.
>
> Since this concerns the interworkings of the protocol and cryptography
> as a whole, as opposed to implementation details of Linux, please do
> not send these inquiries to LKML. Additionally, please start new
> threads for new topics in the future, rather than hijacking a roadmap
> thread.
>
> Look for my answer on the other mailing list. I'll CC you too.

Sorry, you cannot force the discussion of a feature which will be submitted
upstream to occur on a private mailing list.

It is _ABSOLUTELY_ appropriate to discss this on netdev since it is the
netdev community which must consider issues like this when looking at
whether to accept WireGuard upstream.

Jason, this action and response was entirely inappropriate, and please
I'd like you to reply properly to questions about your feature here.

Thank you.

  Last update: 2017-12-08 16:39    [W:0.047 / U:0.228 seconds]