SubjectRe: [RFC 19/19] s390/facilities: enable AP facilities needed by guest
On 05/12/2017 15:30, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 15:23:50 +0100
> Pierre Morel <pmorel@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2017 15:04, Cornelia Huck wrote:

>>> It would probably make sense to group these two together. Or is there
>>> any advantage in supporting only a part of it?

>>> So, does this indicate "adapter interrupts for AP" only? If so, we
>>> should keep this separate and only enable it when we have the gisa etc.
>>> ready.
>>>

>> Yes, STFLE 65, it is for AP only.
>>
>> QCI, STFLE 12, is no present on older systems, in this case AP uses TAPQ
>> to retrieve information for each AP
>
> Dumb question: How old? Machines that are still supported?

No idea which machine are supported or not, will ask.

What I can say is that I have here a Lpar which does not support QCI.
It seems to be a zEC12.2.
z13 support it.

--
Pierre Morel
Linux/KVM/QEMU in Böblingen - Germany

  Last update: 2017-12-05 15:48    [W:0.095 / U:0.008 seconds]