SubjectRe: [RFC] syzbot process
Date
Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2017, 14:22:40 CET schrieb Andrey Ryabinin:

Hi Andrey,

> > Any other proposals, thoughts, ideas?
>
> a) Assume that patches send in replies to the bug report are fixes.
>
> b) Almost the same as your "syzbot-fix: HASH" proposal, but slightly
> closer to normal kernel development workflow.
> Add hash/bug id into the From field of email, i.e.
>
> instead of
> From: syzbot <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>
>
> make it
> From: syzbot-{hash} <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>
>
> And ask to include "Reported-by: syzbot-{hash}
> <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>" tag in a changelog.
>
> a) doesn't exclude b) or "#syz: fix " emails, and vise versa

One additional suggestion: Rerun all already generated reproducer tests on,
say, each updated kernel (e.g. newer rc or even full new version). If an issue
is detected again, send a reply to the original message to indicate that the
issue is still there. Note, I sometimes even fear that a patch that ought to
fix the reported issue may not completely fix it considering races.

The problem with the current approach (at least to me) is that on mailing
lists with some volume, such reports get easily buried.

Ciao
Stephan

  Last update: 2017-12-21 14:37    [W:0.091 / U:0.132 seconds]