    SubjectRe: [vlan_device_event] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 6b6b6ccf
    On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:34:10PM -0800, Cong Wang wrote:
    >On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com> wrote:
    >> Hi Alex,
    >>
    >>> So looking over the trace the panic seems to be happening after a
    >>> decnet interface is getting deleted. Is there any chance we could try
    >>> compiling the kernel without decnet support to see if that is the
    >>> source of these issues? I don't know if anyone on the Intel Wired Lan
    >>> team is testing with that enabled so if we can eliminate that as a
    >>> possible cause that would be useful.
    >>

    >> Sure and thank you for the suggestion!
    >>
    >> It looks disabling DECNET still triggers the vlan_device_event BUG.
    >> However when looking at the dmesgs, I find another warning just before
    >> the vlan_device_event BUG. Not sure if it's related one or independent
    >> now-fixed issue.
    >
    >Those decnet symbols are probably noises.

    Yes it's not related to CONFIG_DECNET.

    >How do you reproduce it? And what is your setup? Vlan device on
    >top of your eth0 (e1000)?

    It can basically be reproduced in one of our test machines --
    lkp-wsx03, which is a Westmere EX server.

    The test boots an openwrt image in QEMU and run trinity for minutes.

    Here is the openwrt image:

    https://github.com/0day-ci/lkp-qemu/blob/master/osimage/openwrt/openwrt-i386-2016-03-16.cgz

    I don't know how openwrt deals with VLAN. :)

    Thanks,
    Fengguang

      Last update: 2017-11-09 07:55    [W:2.316 / U:0.272 seconds]