SubjectRe: regression in irq sharing caused by genirq: Use irqd_get_trigger_type to compare the trigger type for shared IRQs
On 08/11/17 13:35, Petr Cvek wrote:

> Dne 8.11.2017 v 14:11 Marc Zyngier napsal(a):

>>> Yeah, this is a pretty ugly corner case that crops up because we more
>>> and more assume things like DT, which is going to configure the expected
>>> trigger type ahead of the interrupt being requested... Of course, PXA is
>>> not converted to DT, and unlikely to ever be.
>>>
>>> Could you please give the following hack a go and let us know if it
>>> solves your problem? If it does, I'll think of a more generic solution.
>
> Hi,
> yeah it works now and the assert is oldtype == 3 and old->flags == 3 so
> neither versions of condition won't trigger goto mismatch.
Thanks for having tested it. Now we need to teach the core code that the
lack of a trigger means that we need to blindly trust the requester. But
it'd be good if we could do it only in the legacy case...

Head scratching time...

M.

  Last update: 2017-11-08 21:12    [W:0.247 / U:0.028 seconds]