SubjectRe: [linux-sunxi] Cedrus driver
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:20:59PM +0100, Thomas van Kleef wrote:
> > So, I have been rebasing to 4.14.0 and have the cedrus driver working.
> I have pulled linux-mainline 4.14.0. Then pulled the requests2 branch from Hans
> Verkuil's media_tree. I have a patch available of the merge between these 2
> branches.
> After this I pulled the sunxi-cedrus repository from Florent Revests github. I
> believe this one is the same as the ones you are cloning right now.
> I have merged this and have a patch available for this as well.
>
> So to summarize:
> o pulled linux 4.14 from:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> o pulled requests2 from:
> https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git?h=requests2
> will be replaced with the work, when it is done, in:
> https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git?h=ctrl-req-v2
> o pulled linux-sunxi-cedrus from:
> https://github.com/FlorentRevest/linux-sunxi-cedrus
>
> o merged and made patch between linux4.14 and requests2
> o merged and made patch with linux-sunxi-cedrus
> o Verified that the video-engine is decofing mpeg-2 on the Allwinner A20.
>
> So maybe if someone is interested in this, I could place the patches somewhere?
> Just let me know.

Please create a pull request on the github repo. The point we set it
up was to share code. Forking repos and so on is kind of pointless.

> It would be nice to be able to play a file, so I would have to prepare our
> custom player and make a patch between the current sunxi-cedrus-drv-video and
> the one on https://github.com/FlorentRevest/sunxi-cedrus-drv-video.
> So I will start with this if there is any interest.
>
> Should I be working in sunxi-next I wonder?

I'd rather stick on 4.14. sunxi-next wouldn't bring any benefit, and
we want to provide something that works first, and always merging next
will always distract us from the actual code.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

  Last update: 2017-11-28 13:27    [W:0.089 / U:3.564 seconds]