SubjectRe: ALSA: nm256: Fine-tuning for three function implementations
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 16:01:47 +0100,
SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> >> Which concrete data do you expect here?
> >
> > Depends on the result.
>
> How can this vary?

How? Because I didn't see any test result from you, so I can't trust
you.

> > The bottom line is that you run your patched kernel on the real hardware
>
> Which test configurations would you trust finally?

Do test whatever like the users do.

> > or equivalent (VM or emulation) for the device you touched.
>
> Can all the devices for which I dared to adjust their source code a bit
> tested in desired ways within virtual machines?

No, you need to run the kernel exactly to be used by the user of the
target hardware.

> > Run your patched kernel and the driver code on the real machine with
> > the corresponding device. Show the device is running. That's the
> > very first step. Then follow the more detailed tests, but it depends
> > on the subsystem.
>
> How can such descriptions improve the trust situation?

It's the first step. At least then I can see you did some test.
Currently nothing. zero. nada. How can I trust it?

Takashi

  Last update: 2017-11-28 16:21    [W:0.050 / U:0.168 seconds]