SubjectRe: omapfb/dss: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in three functions
Hi Markus,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:12 PM, SF Markus Elfring
<elfring@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>> Can a default allocation failure report provide the information
>>> which you might expect so far?
>>
>> You should be able to answer that question yourself.
>
> I can not answer this detail completely myself because my knowledge
> is incomplete about your concrete expectations for the exception handling
> which can lead to different views for the need of additional error messages.

It may be a good idea to try to trigger an out-of-memory condition yourself,
and see what happens?

>> And if you are unable to do so, just do not sent changes pointed
>> by any code analysis tools.
>
> They can point aspects out for further software development considerations,
> can't they?

Sure. But I think it is a good experience to witness what can happen if you
"violate" these "coding standards written by other people", and learn to
understand why they were written, increasing your own knowledge.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2017-11-27 19:59    [W:0.057 / U:9.420 seconds]