SubjectRe: UFS utilities
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:25:47AM +0000, Bean Huo (beanhuo) wrote:
> Hi, all
> Is there someone knows if exists one utilis dedicated to UFS device, rather than SCSI utils?
> I have tried sg3-utils, but it is not convenient for the embedded ARM-based system.
> And also it doesn't support several UFS special command.

What specific UFS commands do you need to make to the device that the
current driver does not support?

And yes, this is a trick question as there are about 4 different major
forks that I know of of the UFS driver in different vendor trees, all of
which support different types of UFS commands :(

> If we don't have this kind of tool for UFS, is it necessary for us to develop a ufs-utils?

I doubt it, what neds to happen is getting all of the functionality that
lives in these different forks all merged upstream into the in-kernel
driver. Then I bet all of the needed functionality you are looking for
will be there.

good luck!

greg k-h

  Last update: 2017-11-27 12:41    [W:0.127 / U:0.388 seconds]