SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] RTC for 4.15
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:28 AM, Alexandre Belloni
<alexandre.belloni@free-electrons.com> wrote:

> The last minute change is only a documentation update to avoid further
> bug reports. (And also a small commit message reword).

This is _really_ annoying.

I'm checking that pull requests have been in linux-next, and that
rewording of the commit message just means that now that commit
doesn't trigger as being in commit-next and I have to go chase it down
or just say "screw this, it adds a whole new driver that wasn't in
linux-next".

Guess which one is easier for me to do?

So don't do this crap.

I ended up looking up the original commit, but dammit, I'm not happy
about this. Why wasn't the RTC stuff sent last week like I asked
people to do? Now I'm in the middle of travels, and having to figure
out what parts were in linux-next to verify that it actually has
gotten at least some real test coverage, and that I'm not pulling
random stuff.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-11-23 08:06    [W:0.034 / U:0.752 seconds]