SubjectRe: Adding rseq tree to -next
----- On Nov 14, 2017, at 11:38 PM, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 01:22:04 +0000 (UTC) Mathieu Desnoyers
> <mathieu.desnoyers@efficios.com> wrote:
>>
>> ----- On Nov 14, 2017, at 7:15 PM, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au wrote:

>> > I try not to add new trees during the merge window (the only exceptions
>> > are for trees that will remain empty until after the merge window
>> > closes or trees only containing material for the current merge window -
>> > and in that case it is a bit late and a pain if it interacts with
>> > anything else).
>> >
>> > I will add it after -rc1 is released, though. Please remind me if I
>> > forget.
>>
>> No worries, sorry for the short notice. I'll try to do a merge
>> attempt into -next on my end before sending to Linus then.
>
> OK, since you intend to ask Linus to merge it during this merge window,
> I have added it from today (I hope I don't regret it too much :-)).

Thanks! I did attempt to do the merge with -next myself, and the
conflicts were pretty much trivial to handle. One I have not seen
in your messages so far is the comment added to mmdrop() on x86. The
function moves from a static inline in a header to a standard function
(in a C file), so the comment should move accordingly.

Thank you,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.

  Last update: 2017-11-15 07:40    [W:0.031 / U:0.324 seconds]