lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2017]   [Nov]   [1]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: WARNING in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run (2)
On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 11:05 PM, syzbot
<bot+d9fbc5c299aa8a95ac07572b4f6e191c0f4efff6@syzkaller.appspotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> syzkaller hit the following crash on
> 045c5205823fc3cd4e5cafdedb2cc7d434424909
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/master
> compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
> .config is attached
> Raw console output is attached.
> C reproducer is attached
> syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
> for information about syzkaller reproducers

This happens on more recent commits as well, including e.g. upstream
5f479447d983111c039f1d6d958553c1ad1b2ff1(Oct 30):

------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 6790 at arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run+0x213/0x5c70 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 0 PID: 6790 Comm: syz-executor4 Not tainted 4.14.0-rc7+ #155
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine,
BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
__dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:16 [inline]
dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:52
panic+0x1e4/0x417 kernel/panic.c:181
__warn+0x1c4/0x1d9 kernel/panic.c:542
report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:183
fixup_bug+0x40/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
do_trap_no_signal arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:212 [inline]
do_trap+0x260/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:261
do_error_trap+0x120/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:298
do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:311
invalid_op+0x18/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:905
RIP: 0010:kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run+0x213/0x5c70 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
RSP: 0018:ffff8801c5307670 EFLAGS: 00010212
RAX: 0000000000010000 RBX: ffff8801d2da1000 RCX: ffffc9000244f000
RDX: 000000000000003e RSI: ffffffff810e0713 RDI: ffff8801c6da1160
RBP: ffff8801c5307a40 R08: 1ffff10038db4abb R09: 0000000000000001
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000004 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: ffff8801c18d4700 R14: ffff8801c26f1300 R15: ffff8801c6da0f40
kvm_vcpu_ioctl+0x64c/0x1010 arch/x86/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:2551
vfs_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:45 [inline]
do_vfs_ioctl+0x1b1/0x1520 fs/ioctl.c:685
SYSC_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:700 [inline]
SyS_ioctl+0x8f/0xc0 fs/ioctl.c:691
entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1f/0xbe
RIP: 0033:0x452869
RSP: 002b:00007f61c0ff0be8 EFLAGS: 00000212 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000010
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000007580d8 RCX: 0000000000452869
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 000000000000ae80 RDI: 0000000000000017
RBP: 0000000000000082 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000212 R12: 00000000006f1580
R13: 00000000ffffffff R14: 00007f61c0ff16d4 R15: 0000000000000001
Dumping ftrace buffer:
(ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..



> EPT pointer = 0x00000001cbc2801e
> ------------[ cut here ]------------
> WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 3247 at arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
> kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run+0x213/0x5c70 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
> Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...
>
> CPU: 0 PID: 3247 Comm: syzkaller201086 Not tainted 4.14.0-rc2-next-20170927+
> #30
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
> Google 01/01/2011
> Call Trace:
> __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:16 [inline]
> dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:52
> panic+0x1e4/0x417 kernel/panic.c:181
> __warn+0x1c4/0x1d9 kernel/panic.c:542
> report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:183
> fixup_bug+0x40/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
> do_trap_no_signal arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:212 [inline]
> do_trap+0x260/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:261
> do_error_trap+0x120/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:298
> do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:311
> invalid_op+0x18/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:905
> RIP: 0010:kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run+0x213/0x5c70 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c:7265
> RSP: 0018:ffff8801cb807670 EFLAGS: 00010297
> RAX: ffff8801cbf28280 RBX: ffff8801cbef1000 RCX: ffff8801cd678adc
> RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: ffff8801cd6788f8
> RBP: ffff8801cb807a40 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000001
> R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000000
> R13: 1ffff10039700f72 R14: ffff8801d6928c00 R15: ffff8801cd6786c0
> kvm_vcpu_ioctl+0x64c/0x1010 arch/x86/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:2551
> vfs_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:45 [inline]
> do_vfs_ioctl+0x1b1/0x1530 fs/ioctl.c:685
> SYSC_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:700 [inline]
> SyS_ioctl+0x8f/0xc0 fs/ioctl.c:691
> entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1f/0xbe
> RIP: 0033:0x446039
> RSP: 002b:00007f520767adc8 EFLAGS: 00000202 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000010
> RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000446039
> RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 000000000000ae80 RDI: 000000000000000f
> RBP: 0000000000000086 R08: 00007f520767b700 R09: 00007f520767b700
> R10: 00007f520767b700 R11: 0000000000000202 R12: 0000000000000000
> R13: 00007ffdb6946c2f R14: 00007f520767b9c0 R15: 0000000000000000
> Dumping ftrace buffer:
> (ftrace buffer empty)
> Kernel Offset: disabled
> Rebooting in 86400 seconds..
>
>
> ---
> This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
> Direct all questions to syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
> Please credit me with: Reported-by: syzbot <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>
>
> syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
> Once a fix for this bug is committed, please reply to this email with:
> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
> To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
> If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
> #syz invalid
> Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug
> report.
> Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "syzkaller-bugs" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to syzkaller-bugs+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/syzkaller-bugs/001a114aa95cf6decb055cf1623b%40google.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2017-11-01 21:08    [W:0.074 / U:11.744 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site