SubjectRe: zstd kernel and initrd compression
Hi Nick,

On Oct 5, 2017, at 1:29, Nick Terrell <terrelln@fb.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/17, 3:01 AM, "linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of René Rebe" <linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of rene@exactcode.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed zstd compression was recently added for btrfs and squashfs.
>> Are there actually already patches floating around for zstd kernel and intird compression?
>> Looks like that would be a quite nice fit regarding speed and compression ratio, …
>>
>> Regards,
>> René
>
> I started working on some patches yesterday, and just got zstd kernel,
> initrd, and initramfs compression working today. I think I'll be ready to
> send the patches out within a week.

awesome, if you have something to test I could give it a try on my test bench, too.

Regards,
René

--
ExactCODE GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 42, DE-10789 Berlin
http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de

  Last update: 2017-10-05 10:18    [W:0.110 / U:0.064 seconds]