SubjectRe: [ghes_copy_tofrom_phys] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at mm/page_alloc.c:4150
On 10/30/2017 10:06 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:01:52AM -0400, Tyler Baicar wrote:
>> This is not as important for polling sources as it is for the
>> interrupt sources since polling sources are regularly checked and
>> shouldn't be used for fatal error scenarios. For interrupt driven
>> sources, there could already be a fatal error pending, so we should
>> handle it immediately.
> Whatever it is, you can't call it there as it could deadlock. You need
> to think about doing that differently. If you can't come up with a
> solution quickly, it should be reverted and then you can try again
> later.
I'm okay with reverting this and coming up with another solution, but that seems
like it
could be masking a problem. It should be valid for the polling timer to expire
right after
this probe function completes which would then trigger ghes_poll_func() to be called
and that calls into ghes_proc() immediately.

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,

  Last update: 2017-10-30 15:18    [W:0.101 / U:1.312 seconds]