SubjectProposal: rename tpm1_eventlog.c and tpm2_eventlog.c
I noticed when making slides for KS that the naming for event log stuff
that the naming is so broken that it is hard to understand the code.
Here it really would make sense to have a patch set just to clean up the
cruft.

Random examples of more senseful naming:

* tpm2_bios_measurements_start() should be rather something like
tpm_eventlog_seq_agile_start().
* tpm_bios_measurements_start() should be rather something like
tpm_eventlog_seq_sha1_start().

Corresponding structs would be tpm_eventlog_agile_seq_ops and
tpm_eventlog_sha1_seq_ops.

Finally, I would place the file operations, being so complicated, in
separate files:

* tpm_eventlog_seq_sha1.c
* tpm_eventlog_seq_eventlog.c

And move all the management code that is right now illogically located
in tpm1_eventlog.c to tpm_eventlog.c that would be the entry point for
the event log.

The code is laid out so badly right now that I have really hard time
understanding it if I haven't looked at it within last couple of weeks.
It's really a trainwreck at the moment. We must clean up it up fast.

Getting this done will help me to review patches to this area faster
so it would be a benefit for everyone. The current structure makes every
event log patch a pain to review.

/Jarkko

  Last update: 2017-10-25 00:22    [W:0.072 / U:0.396 seconds]