SubjectRe: Atom/GMA500
Hello,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 02:50:09PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Welcome

Thanks!

> The GMA500 is just a graphics driver. If there is a touchscreen then that
> is connected to something else entirely.

Outch, ok :)

> It's also quite a limited graphics driver - it'll do mode setting and very
> fast text mode console but has no 2D/3D acceleration support included
> because Imagination always kept the 3D acceleration info secret and the 2D
> acceleration wasn't worth supporting.

Yes, I know this, but thanks for the reminder. The gma500 driver as I
intend to use it looks good enough though.

> The usb would best be viewed with a more detailed lsusb (-vv or similar)
> but I'd guess that

Attached lsusb -vv

> Syntek is the camera

There are two cameras, one front one rear.

> Primax is the built in mouse

AFAIK there is no built in mouse, I attach a USB one to get a pointing
device.

> Option is the 3G Modem

Ok.

> so the touch screen would presumably be hiding somewhere else. Given the
> platform I would guess its either using the mouse port or a serial port.
> I don't remember any built in i2c/spi controller on that chipset anyway.
>
> If it's on the ps/2 port it might work, if it's on the serial port you
> are going to have to reverse engineer the protocol.

Alright! Thank you very much for your valuable input and the time taken.

I still have the SFR linux iso, maybe reinstalling the working OS
could help me. I'll need more room, so buy a micro-SD card to host
both systems :)

One more question: would you advise me to stick to -rc kernels (more
stable?) or move to git (more appropriate?) for a newbee in linux
device drivers development?

Thanks,

--
Benoît Vaillant

  Last update: 2017-10-23 20:04    [W:0.037 / U:0.136 seconds]