    SubjectRe: char/tpm: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in tpm …()
    >> Why did you not reply directly with this request for the update steps
    >> with the subject “Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation
    >> in tpm_…()”?
    >>
    >> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10009405/
    >> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10009415/
    >>
    >> I find that there can be difficulty to show an appropriate information
    >> source for the reasonable explanation of this change pattern.
    >>

    > Shouldn't this information source for the explanation be the submitter?

    I offered a bit of information. I agree that it could become better eventually.

    > I'd hope they understand what it is they are submitting.

    I do this to some degree. ;-)

    But I would appreciate if I could refer to a single Linux document
    for this change pattern around questionable error messages.
    Would a corresponding link for an accepted explanation in the documentation
    be nice in this case?

    Regards,
    Markus

      Last update: 2017-10-22 17:16    [W:2.393 / U:0.040 seconds]