SubjectRe: Documentation: add Kernel Driver Statement to the kernel
On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 11:10:38AM +0200, gregkh@linuxfoundation.org wrote:
> Way back in 2008 we didn't have "robust" in-kernel documentation system,
> so the idea of putting something like the kernel driver statement in the
> kernel tree wasn't even imagined. But now that has changed, so add the
> old document to the kernel source itself to allow for us to properly
> reference it in one canonical place (as the LF wiki keeps moving things
> around.)

Cool, I like it much to see it added to the kernel tree.

But could you explain what "robust" means in this context? And what
has changed which makes it "robust"? Sphinx?

I am interested in how such documents are handled best.

  Last update: 2017-10-14 18:14    [W:0.082 / U:7.360 seconds]