SubjectRe: weird allocation pattern in alloc_ila_locks
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 1:58 AM, Michal Hocko <mhocko@kernel.org> wrote:

> Also this seems to be an init code so I assume a modprobe would have to
> set a non-default policy to make use of it. Does anybody do that out
> there?

This is not init code. Whole point of rhashtable is that the resizes
can happen anytime.
At boot time, most rhashtable would be tiny.
Then, when load permits, hashtables grow in size.

Yes, some applications make some specific choices about NUMA policies.

It would be perfectly possible to amend rhashtable to make sure that
allocations can respect this strategy.
(ie the NUMA policy could be an attribute of the rhashtable, instead
of being implicitly given by current process)

  Last update: 2017-01-09 15:35    [W:0.053 / U:1.116 seconds]