SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the scsi tree with the tip tree
On Fri, 2017-01-20 at 07:35 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi James,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the scsi tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_scsih.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > e963b7088dac ("scsi: mpt3sas: Fix hang on ata passthru commands")
> >
> > from the tip tree and commit:
> >
> > ffb584565894 ("scsi: mpt3sas: fix hang on ata passthrough
> > commands")
> >
> > from the scsi tree.
> >
> > I fixed it up (slightly different versions of the same patch - I
> > used the latter version) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your
> > tree is submitted or merging. You may also want to consider
> > cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise
> > any particularly complex conflicts.
>
> I only had that patch for testing and it went into the -next branch
> by accident - I have removed it so the conflict should be gone next
> time -next is integrated.

Thanks for testing. There was a last minute fuss about whether the
flag should be checked using a test_bit rather than a straight read,
which is the difference between the two versions.

James

  Last update: 2017-01-20 13:52    [W:1.923 / U:0.032 seconds]