SubjectRe: Kexec regression in next-20160906
Date
Am Mittwoch, 07 September 2016, 09:08:07 schrieb Russell King - ARM Linux:
> Any change to a UAPI header needs to be carefully considered and
> questioned as it is always a potential userspace breakage - and in
> the kernel, we're supposed to be doing our up-most to avoid
> breaking userspace.
>
> It's not like it was in the old days when we didn't have the UAPI
> seperate - today, we can find these things by looking at the patch
> diffstat and seeing whether any file in "uapi" is touched. That
> should be the trigger for a really in-depth review of the change.

No UAPI header is touched by this patch series. That is because there are
two definitions of struct kexec_segment, one in include/linux/kexec.h and
the other one in include/uapi/linux/kexec.h. My patch changed the former.
I was unaware of the second definition in the latter.

--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann

  Last update: 2016-09-17 09:58    [W:0.056 / U:0.484 seconds]