SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for 4.8 merge window
On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:17:39 -0400
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > No, I don't use the merge from linux-next directly. I just re-generate
> > the merge myself, and if the pull request then includes a merge
> > resolution (either as just a verbal description, or a patch or by
> > having a separate "merged" test-branch), I will compare my merge with
> > that one.
>
> Ok, the KVM merge was indeed the most painful one this merge window so
> far. Which isn't saying all that much, since this merge window has so
> far been pretty good (knock wood).
>
> Let's see if I got everything right. I did pick up the fixup patch
> from Sudip and made it part of the merge, so that hopefully it's all
> complete and also bisectable.
>
> Please do check it out. And let's hope the KVM people have learnt
> their lesson and we won't have these messy merges in the future.

I included my try to fixup the expected merge conflict between the
KVM tree and the s390 tree at the end of the first please-merge email
for s390. Dunno if you have noticed this, the merge result looks good
to me.

--
blue skies,
Martin.

  Last update: 2016-08-03 05:41    [W:0.090 / U:0.112 seconds]