SubjectRe: Introspecting userns relationships to other namespaces?
On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 08:01:52AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> In theory, we could get nsfs to show this information as an option
> (just add a show_options entry to the superblock ops), but the
> problem is that although each namespace has a parent user_ns,
> there's no way to get it without digging in the namespace specific
> structure. Probably we should restructure to move it into
> ns_common, then we could display it (and enforce all namespaces
> having owning user_ns) but it would be a reasonably large (but
> mechanical) change.

It sounds like everyone is either positive or or neutral on this
groundwork, even if we haven't decided if/how to expose the
information to userspace. I'm happy to work up a patch while the rest
of the discussion continues. I'm also happy to let someone else work
up the patch, if anyone else is chomping at the bit ;).

Cheers,
Trevor

  Last update: 2016-07-09 05:41    [W:0.103 / U:0.732 seconds]