SubjectRe: PROBLEM: network data corruption (bisected to e5a4b0bb803b)
On 2016-07-27 14:04, alexmcwhirter@triadic.us wrote:
> Just to add some more information to this, the corruption seems to
> effect ssh as well.
>
> Using a sun hme interface, occasionally upon an ssh connection it will
> refuse to authenticate a client with either password or cert
> authentication. Using wireshark to capture and decrypt the packets
> between the two machines, the data coming from the server seems good,
> but the data received by the server from the client is essentially
> garbage. Note that the client is sending valid data, but the server is
> corrupting it upon receipt. Closing the connection and starting a new
> one will remedy the login issue, but you do occasionally see
> corruption on the server side sporadically.
>
> So far this only seems to occur on incoming data, outgoing data seems
> fine.

Also, there is another patch the references this commit on sparc64 at
least.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9221895/

I highly expect both my issue and OP's issue to revolve not around
commit e5a4b0bb803b specifically, but around other code that no longer
behaves as expected because of it.

  Last update: 2016-07-28 01:41    [W:0.061 / U:0.512 seconds]