SubjectAw: Re: BUG: Wrong dma queue handling in ixp4 driver
Date
Hi Krzysztof,

> Not really: there is one pool for all ports, but each port uses
> a separate desc_tab (allocated from that pool).

right, but even then using a dma pool seems to be a bit of overhead
for only a few allocations. As far as I understood those pools are
meant for hundrets or thousands of rather small chunks.

I dont want to criticise it though, since the code at this place is surely
not wrong.
My initial post was due to a misunderstanding of mine: I thought the
third parameter of dma_pool_create() is the total allocation size of all
chunks (dont ask me how I came to this conclusion, I could not explain it now :/ ).

Regards,
Lino

  Last update: 2016-07-22 14:01    [W:0.049 / U:0.292 seconds]