SubjectRe: linux-next: please clean up the hid tree
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi Jiri,
>
> The hid tree
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git#for-next)
> seems to be based on v3.19 and constists of a large number of merges
> (of stuff that is now in Linus' tree) and ends with one particulary
> large revert (of a merge).

Hi Stephen,

I try to keep the tree completely non-rebasing, as people are actually
using it for development. But for-next is a bit special in this respect,
and if there is a branch that could potentially be considered for
ocasional rebasing, it's probably for-next one.

OTOH, what issues exactly are the extra merges causing for you please?

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:28:09 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > The hid tree
> > (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git#for-next)
> > seems to be based on v3.19 and constists of a large number of merges
> > (of stuff that is now in Linus' tree) and ends with one particulary
> > large revert (of a merge).
>
> What I forgot to say is that that last revert creates lots of conflicts
> when I merge your tree:
>
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/shmem.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/dcache.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/inc/smu74_discrete.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/hwmgr/polaris10_hwmgr.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/hwmgr/polaris10_hwmgr.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/powerpc/Kconfig
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-smp.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Makefile
>
> So I have just dropped the hid tree until it is cleaned up.

Ok, this is pretty odd. I'll look into what happened, it'll be resolved in
a couple minutes, so please start pulling for-next again.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2016-07-13 12:01    [W:0.070 / U:0.256 seconds]