lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2016]   [Jul]   [12]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: [dm-devel] [4.7.0rc6] Page Allocation Failures with dm-crypt
Hello Mike...

It (at least) seems like that the fact that this is a Intel Rapid
Storage RAID10 does play a role after all.

I did several tests this morning, after I finally managed to get
another disk hooked up via USB3 (the best I could do for now).

I tried dm-crypt w/ a single partition and with a Linux s/w RAID1 and
RAID10. Unfortunately the RAID tests were done with several partitions
that were on the same disk since that is all I have for testing.

No matter what I did, I could not get to the point where all memory
got exhausted... not even close.

So with all tests I have done over the last couple of days, the only
one were I could always hit this issue was with my original RAID10
that is a Intel Rapid Storage RAID -- and hooked up to the internal
SATA3 ports instead of the USB3 port (which I hope makes no huge
difference for this issue).

I will post to the linux raid list in a few moments and cc' this list
as well.

Thanks again for the help thus far,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu
services: custom software [desktop, mobile, web], server administration

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2016-07-12 10:41    [W:0.062 / U:1.204 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site