SubjectRe: automatic interrupt affinity for MSI/MSI-X capable devices V2
On 06/14/2016 09:58 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This series enhances the irq and PCI code to allow spreading around MSI and
> MSI-X vectors so that they have per-cpu affinity if possible, or at least
> per-node. For that it takes the algorithm from blk-mq, moves it to
> a common place, and makes it available through a vastly simplified PCI
> interrupt allocation API. It then switches blk-mq to be able to pick up
> the queue mapping from the device if available, and demonstrates all this
> using the NVMe driver.

Hello Christoph,

Is my interpretation correct that for an adapter that supports two
interrupts and on a system with eight CPU cores and no hyperthreading
this patch series will assign interrupt vector 0 to CPU 0 and interrupt
vector 1 to CPU 1? Are you aware that drivers like ib_srp assume that
interrupts have been spread evenly, that means assigning vector 0 to CPU
0 and vector 1 to CPU 4?

Thanks,

Bart.

  Last update: 2016-06-16 12:41    [W:0.310 / U:0.264 seconds]