    SubjectBPF runtime for systemtap
    Date
    I'm pleased to be able to announce an initial implementation of an (e)bpf
    backend for systemtap. For the subset of systemtap probes that can use
    kprobes, we can use a bpf filter instead of loading a kernel module.

    As this implementation is young, there are a number of limitations. Neither
    string nor stats types are supported. Both require enhancements to the set of
    builtin functions supported in kernel. The stap bpf loader still needs
    improvement with respect to its use of the event subsystem.

    We're using the same intermediate file format that is supported by the llvm bpf
    backend. I have some improvements to submit for the llvm bpf backend as well.

    The code can be reviewed at

    git://sourceware.org/git/systemtap.git rth/bpf

    r~

      Last update: 2016-06-14 23:01    [W:0.046 / U:17.732 seconds]