    SubjectRE: fsl-dcu not works on latest "drm-next"
    Date

    Hi Mark,

    > Without any description of the problem it is difficult to comment.
    > There were some drivers that were abusing the API by hacking round things
    > that need fixing (the main one I've seen is reporting things as big endian
    > instead of native endian to cause two layers of translation to kick in) and one
    > that was trying to use regmap to represent something that just fundamentally
    > wasn't a regmap so *any* change in regmap internals was risky.

    I was testing HDMI patches on latest "drm-next" branch, and found that it is not work.
    And then I found the base tree was not working too. Then I debugged the base tree.

    I read out the value of relevant register using "CodeWarrior TAP", find that endianness is not right.

    Then I changed endianness of the value to be written that using " regmap_write" . It works.
    But "regmap_update_bits" still have the problem.

    I had checked log of regmap, and didn't find which commit caused that.

    I am not familiar with regmap, can you give some advices?

    Thanks,
    Best Regards,
    Meng Yi

      Last update: 2016-05-25 12:21    [W:3.826 / U:0.008 seconds]