SubjectRe: zram: per-cpu compression streams
On (04/27/16 16:55), Minchan Kim wrote:
[..]
> > > Could you test concurrent mem hogger with fio rather than pre-fault before fio test
> > > in next submit?
> >
> > this test will not prove anything, unfortunately. I performed it;
> > and it's impossible to guarantee even remotely stable results.
> > mem-hogger process can spend on pre-fault from 41 to 81 seconds;
> > so I'm quite sceptical about the actual value of this test.

> > > Yeb, Even, recompression case is fater than old but want to see more heavy memory
> > > pressure case and the ratio I mentioned above.
> >
> > I did quite heavy testing over the last 7 days, with numerous OOM kills
> > and OOM panics.
>
> Okay, I think it's worth to merge enough and see the result.
> Please send formal patch which has recompression stat. ;-)

correction: those 41-81s spikes in mem-hogger were observed under
different scenario: 10GB zram with 6GB mem-hogger on a 4GB system.

I'll do another round of tests (with parallel mem-hogger pre-fault
and 4GB/4GB zram/mem-hogger split) and collect the number that you
asked for.

thanks!

-ss

  Last update: 2016-04-27 10:21    [W:0.313 / U:0.372 seconds]