SubjectRe: Nokia N900 retention mode in v4.6, camera buttons fun
Hi!

> > > Ok, it works now. I was doing tests in daylight so it was poorly
> > > visible. The right part of keyboard stays lit (but that's expected
> > > AFAICT), but the left part blinks.
> >
> > During idle, both should go off and are doing so for me. Both LEDs off
> > indicates off mode, left LED off is for retention mode. So you still
> > have something blocking off mode, maybe check:
> >
> > echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode
>
> What is the power difference between retention and off? I'm now down
> to cca 25mA, which should be around 50 hours standby time. Not ideal,
> but should be usable.
>
> In the meantime, I found what is causing the rention mode to break for
> me: CONFIG_HSI (aka wireless modem support). With HSI off, it seems to work.
>
> I still get problems with the camera button, in config similar to
> defconfig. For some reason, I'm even getting (autorepeating) ^@ on
> console. As long as I hold camera button down, I even get it into off
> mode for brief period.

Ok, if I turn off CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO, I get it into off
mode... once per screen blank, for about a second. (Does CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO also cause
problems for you?)

Any idea why it enters off mode only once after each screenblank?

Best regards,
Pavel

  Last update: 2016-04-12 15:01    [W:0.112 / U:0.136 seconds]