SubjectRe: i915 4.5 bugfix backport and release management issue?
From
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net> wrote:

>>> Quoting from e2e407dc093f
>>>
>>> "(cherry picked from commit b2435692dbb709d4c8ff3b2f2815c9b8423b72bb)"
>>>
>>> i.e. this is intentionally twice in the history. We started to soak
>>> bugfixes in -next and then cherry pick them because we had too much
>>> fun with things blowing up, and also too much fun with really messy
>>> conflicts. It's not a botched patch in 4.5 or anything else nefarious
>>> at all.
>>
>> Bah, sorry, I read it wrong. They have the same final state but they
>> were on different bases. I somehow reversed this in my head and
>> thought they had the same initial state and different final states.
>>

> Also, sorry for the excessive diatribe. I plead sleepiness and
> mis-reading of code.

Thanks. We really appreciate friendly discussions here on intel-gfx,
the technical challenges are hard enough as is.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2016-03-30 11:21    [W:2.235 / U:0.004 seconds]