SubjectRe: UFS V11 patch-set
Hi Mark,

I have no intend to break the rules. I am just trying to communicate with UFS
maintainers that so far gave me no response. Merging in v4.7 is fine, but I
would like that UFS maintainers give me some feedback about the next steps, but
so far didn't have luck.

Thanks,
Joao

On 3/22/2016 10:58 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:31:28AM +0000, Joao Pinto wrote:
>
>> The following patch-set was approved by Arnd Bergmann and Rob Herring and I
>> would appreciate that someone from SCSI / UFS gave a final checkout in order to
>> evaluate the possibility of still merging it to v4.6 or putting it in a branch
>> in SCSI to be merged to v4.7.
>
> I've no idea why you're sending me this stuff but please stop - you sent
> a similar mail yesterday and I see there were a bunch of similar mails
> before you started CCing me into the thread - but sending daily top
> posted content free pings is just going to annoy people (or at least
> it's annoying me) and sending them to random other maintainers isn't
> likely to improve things. This is especially the case when we're more
> than half way through the merge window and the code apparently isn't
> even in -next yet.
>
> Please stop this and follow Arnd's advice (which you quoted from the
> message you're replying to):

> If there's some reason to break the process you need to articulate what
> it is and give people a chance to respond but that's *very* rare, unless
> there is an unusually strong reason people are going to use the normal
> development workflow.

  Last update: 2016-03-22 12:41    [W:0.072 / U:0.116 seconds]